Tuesday, 23 April 2013

I'm lying in my bunk in Estella listening to all the rustling of pilgrims hustling about packing their gear to head out on the trail. Its still dark outside, some have left as early as 0500! Its much more relaxing lying here till 0630 when the crowds have departed. The Koreans are in group or 12. Did manage to talk to one yesterday:-) She was in the top bunk last night Snoring...I always use ear plugs.
I had a feed of Squid and roasted rabbit last night, just like home. Weather has been perfect mostly in the 50 to 60F range which makes for comfortable
Hiking. The old legs are getting strong each day. You can go on long but its nice knowing that there is time slow down and take in the sights and smells..even saw a small snake on the trail.

6 comments:

  1. Safe travels Bill...see you when you get back. Bring back some dirt/sand from the desert for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill,
    Sounds like you're having fun and drinking in the experiences. Have a glass of Rioja for me!! Try some turron duro for energy sometime. And jamon serrano!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're enjoying the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi pop it's me Alexis how are you doing ? I just had a sleepover at your house.Guess where I slept tonight in the living room on the couch .This morning me mom and shelby came to your house to put jack outside .Mom told me and shelby that we can take him four a walk in the woods. me and shelnby said "ok".so shelby walk jack to the hat and i walk jack back but once shelby was walking jack we both saw a beach ball and brang it home to your house.nanny gave me and shelby a pice of gum and both of us 5.$.once we came erilier we took our bikes home it was so hard to get our bikes in our car so we had to put both back seats downto get the two bikes in our car.So i had to sit in the trunk of the car and shelby had to it in te front seats next to mom yearsteray wll.i.am a.k.a you and britny spears where singing scream and shout . Im doing so good in school.yeasterday once we where coming to your house we saw fog that look like it was under bell island so it look like bell island was on top of fog .I miss you so much.jack misses you alot.He told me to tell you he loves you love:alexis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lexie for you wonderful email. I also miss you guys and my good buddy JACK...even though he ate my bathroom:-)
    Will I Am. aka POP

    ReplyDelete