Friday, 10 May 2013

PONFERRADA


> Early up to the chanting of the top ten Gregorian Hits as played by our Hospitalero.  Climbing through the mud and rain under our ponchs we reached Cruz Ferro in record breaking time.  Left my stones and made a quick dash downhill towards Ponferrada our next respot for the night.
> Arriving in Ponferrada a very metropolitan city we were again reminded of the quick pace of our normal lives at home. It is amazing how hard it is to get WiFi in a city compared to getting it in the simplest village.  I guess the Camino does provide when it least expected
> Travelling thru the hills down to the city I was immediately aware of the striking similarity of the flowers, tress, and rocks between here and there.
> I should also mention that so far in my journey on the Camino I've never seen such a blight of graffiti
> On an otherwise beautiful city. I would almost think that it just happened overnight.
> There have been some demonstrations in various cities throughout Spain due recent economic  problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment